luni, 25 iulie 2011

Russell Brand, Other Celebs React to Amy Winehouse's Death

Russell Brand, Other Celebs React to Amy Winehouse's Death

On Saturday, the music world was rocked by the news that troubled 27-year-old singer Amy Winehouse had died at her London home. Though a cause of death is not yet known, Winehouse had struggled with drug and alcohol addiction for many years. Almost immediately, the Internet began to light up with tributes and condolences from fans and fellow celebrities, including Russell Brand, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Adele and Demi Moore.

Brand, who had been pals with Winehouse for years, penned an eloquent and moving tribute to the singer on his official site on Sunday morning. A recovering addict himself, the 36-year-old actor has been sober since 2002, and in his post -- titled "For Amy" -- he talks about how tough it is to be close to an addict. "When you love someone who suffers from the disease of addiction you await the phone call. There will be a phone call. The sincere hope is that the call will be from the addict themselves, telling you they've had enough, that they're ready to stop, ready to try something new," he wrote. "Of course though, you fear the other call, the sad nocturnal chime from a friend or relative telling you it's too late, she's gone."

Brand looked on helplessly as Winehouse lost herself to her demons, but he takes some small solace in the belief that she left her mark on the world. Writing about the first time he ever saw the Grammy-winning "Rehab" singer perform, Brand said: "Entering the space I saw Amy on stage with (Paul) Weller and his band; and then the awe. The awe that envelops when witnessing a genius. From her oddly dainty presence that voice, a voice that seemed not to come from her but from somewhere beyond even Billie (Holiday) and Ella (Fitzgerald), from the font of all greatness. A voice that was filled with such power and pain that it was at once entirely human yet laced with the divine. My ears, my mouth, my heart and mind all instantly opened. Winehouse. Winehouse? Winehouse! That twerp, all eyeliner and lager dithering up Chalk Farm Road under a back-combed barnet, the lips that I'd only seen clenching a fishwife fag and dribbling curses now a portal for this holy sound."

In that moment, Brand was certain that Winehouse was special. "So now I knew. She wasn't just some hapless wannabe, yet another pissed up nit who was never gonna make it, nor was she even a ten-a-penny-chanteuse enjoying her fifteen minutes," he wrote. "She was a f***ing genius."

Brand's wife Katy Perry shares her husband's sentiments. "My heart felt really sad," she told Good Morning America of her reaction to the news of Winehouse's death. "My husband, who's been clean and sober for almost nine years, you know, I -- I see him working a program and working on himself every single day. And I see how much work it takes to be clean and sober when you have, you know, addiction on your hands. So... it gave me a real -- a gratefulness for my husband, who got clean when he was 27. And I feel really sad and I just hope she finds peace."

"Rolling in the Deep" singer Adele, 23, agrees that Winehouse will leave a lasting impression on the world she left behind. "We believed every word she wrote, and it would sink in deep when she sang them," Adele wrote on her blog. "Amy paved the way for artists like me and made people excited about British music again whilst being fearlessly hilarious and blase about the whole thing.

"I don't think she ever realized just how brilliant she was and how important she is, but that just makes her even more charming," Adele added. "Although I'm incredibly sad about Amy passing, I'm also reminded of how immensely proud of her I am as well -- and grateful to be inspired by her. Amy flies in paradise."

Winehouse's ex-husband Blake Fielder Civil -- who is currently in prison -- relayed a message to Britain's Sun newspaper via his current girlfriend Sarah Aspin. "I will never ever again feel the love I felt for her," Fielder-Civil told Aspin. "Everybody who knew me and knew Amy knew the depth of our love. I can't believe she's dead."

Here's how other celebrities bid farewell to the talented, dearly departed Amy Winehouse...

Rihanna: "Dear God have mercy!!! I am SICK about this right now! #DearAmy." In another tweet, Rihanna added: "#DearAmy U made a MAJAH impression on this industry and throughout the world, in such a short space of time...too short! #ICONSneverDIE."

Kelly Osbourne: "i cant even breath right my now im crying so hard i just lost 1 of my best friends. i love you forever Amy & will never forget the real you!"

Ricky Martin: "i just found out. I feel pain. I feel anger. Rest beautiful girl rest. You are free! #RIPAMY."

Seth Myers: "Years ago Sudeikis told me Winehouse's "Valerie" was as good a start-the-day song you'll hear. He was right. I'll miss her."

Brittany Snow: "I don't feel quite right 'tweeting' about death. But I do know addiction should never be silenced. There IS help. Ur never alone #ripAmy"

LeAnn Rimes: "RIP Amy Winehouse. So sad to see such a talent gone and her life end in tragedy. This makes me terribly sad."

Lily Allen: "Its just beyond sad, there's nothing else to say. She was such a lost soul, may she rest in peace."

Christina Applegate: "Saddened by the tragedy in Norway. Saddened by the demise of Amy Winehouse. As we all watched her slowly die all these years..#drugssuck"

Josh Groban: "Drugs took her gift, her soul, her light, long before they took her life. RIP Amy."

Demi Moore: "Truly sad news about Amy Winehouse. My heart goes out to her family. May her troubled soul find peace."

Demi Lovato: "Amy Winehouse.. So sad. Unfortunately the world lost an incredibly talented woman to such a powerful disease... addiction. #RIP"

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/russell-brand-celebs-react-death-amy-winehouse/1-a-367035

Jessica Biel Jessica Cauffiel Jessica Paré

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu