vineri, 26 august 2011

Simon Cowell Wants to Be Cryogenically Frozen When He Dies

Simon Cowell Wants to Be Cryogenically Frozen When He Dies

Simon Cowell is determined to outlive us all! In a new interview with GQ, the X Factor creator reveals his plan to be cryogenically frozen when he dies so that he can be thawed out in the future when the medical technology is available to bring him back to life.

"It's an insurance policy," says Cowell, 51. "If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. If it does work, I'll be happy. If it's possible, and I think it will be, why not have a second crack? Does that sound crazy? I think it's a good idea."

We'd say it sounds both crazy and perfectly reasonable -- kind of like Cowell himself. The former American Idol judge has an uncanny eye for spotting new talent, yet has been known to say ridiculous (and often insulting) things in the process. His personal habits, as revealed in the article, are also full of quirks -- like his elaborate morning routine, which always includes drinking three smoothies (spinach, antioxidant, and seven-fruit) and watching old Hanna-Barbera cartoons.

Cowell also seems to have thought a great deal about his death. He says that his goal in life is to get "as much money as I can," but when he dies, he plans to leave it all to charity.

"That makes sense," he reasons. "You can enjoy it while you've got it, and then it's gone to good causes afterwards."

So he'll be leaving the world his money, and his cryogenically frozen body -- but he's not interested in the more traditional method of leaving a legacy, saying he's "definitely" ruled out having babies.

"The reality is, with the way I live my life, I wouldn't have the patience," says Cowell. "I'd sort of want people born at the age of 10, I think."

There's no proof that the cryogenic freezing thing works, outside of movies like Austin Powers and Demolition Man. But as Cowell puts it, "I have a feeling that if I don't do it now, I could regret it in 300 years' time." Besides, it's certainly a way to guarantee that he'll stay cool forever.

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/simon-cowell-wants-be-cryogenically-frozen-when-he-dies/1-a-376245

Brittny Gastineau Brody Dalle Brooke Burke

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu