miercuri, 18 mai 2011

Maria Shriver: Arnold Affair Is "Painful and Heartbreaking"

Maria Shriver: Arnold Affair Is "Painful and Heartbreaking"

Maria Shriver is acknowledging her anguish over the shocking news that her estranged husband Arnold Schwarzenegger is the father of a 10-year-old child whose mother once worked in the family home.

"This is a painful and heartbreaking time," said Shriver, 55, in a statement. "As a mother, my concern is for the children. I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment."

Shriver and the former California governor, 63, have four children together, ages 14, 17, 20 and 21.

And now Schwarzenegger has revealed that he has another child, one he fathered with a staff member who worked for the family for 20 years. The unidentified woman, who retired in January, initially said her husband at the time was the child's father. But Schwarzenegger has confirmed that he is the dad, and says that he has taken financial responsibility for the child from the beginning and will continue to do so.

Though Shriver has vowed no further comments on the matter, her son Patrick Schwarzenegger, 17, weighed in on the situation via his Twitter account, writing: "Some days you feel like s***, some days you want to quit and just be normal for a bit, yet i love my family till death do us apart."

Shriver and Schwarzenegger announced last week that they were separating after 25 years of marriage. At the time, the public had no clue about the illegitimate child, but friends did note that Shriver had been unhappy for a while.

In a statement released on Tuesday, Arnold admitted that he told Shriver of the child at some point after leaving the governor's office. "I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family," Scharzenegger added in the statement. "There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry."

Shriver has suffered more than her fair share of pain over the years, and we sincerely hope she does find her way to healing and a new life.

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/maria-shriver-arnold-affair-painful-and-heartbreaking/1-a-350573

Cameron Richardson

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu